“CrossAxed Rookies” is a youth development program designed at improving strength, cardiovascular fitness, coordination and confidence in our kids. The reduction in Physical Education programs within our schools, the ongoing challenges of less then ideal food options and the increasing sedentary lifestyle our kids are becoming accustom to is placing more pressure on time poor adults to keep their kids not only healthy but to help them achieve a good level of fitness.
This is where CrossAxed Rookies comes in.
We have 2 age groups available
Pre-Teens 8 – 12 Years Old Inclusive
Monday to Thursdays 3:45-4:30pm
Teens 13 – 17 Years Old inclusive
Monday to Thursdays 4:30pm-5:30pm
Unlimited up to 4 sessions per week
$30 Per child per week
Restricted up to 2 sessions per week
$15 Per child per week
Payment can be made via direct debit weekly,
Please complete the form below to register your interest and one of our staff will be in touch soon.
- Will my child be lifting weights and will that stunt their growth? – Our focus for kids is firstly around mechanics of movement, commonly described as “form”. Kids earn the right to add weight to certain exercises by demonstrating the ability to complete the movement consistently well, then and only then do we add any form of resistance. Pre-Pubescent kids develop differently to those who have an increase in testosterone. The younger kids become fitter by increasing speed and efficiency of movement, older kids still benefit from this but they also improve with resistance training as do adults. Growth plate injury concerns have been grossly overestimated in relation to kids lifting weight, it is far more likely for growth plate fractures to occur through soccer or netball. Regardless we take a lot of care to ensure our kids are ready for weight before we add it. Our predominant goal to start with is to develop their midline strength (core) which is something many kids are lacking.
- How does the session work for different levels/ages? As a parent I understand the different rates at which kids develop, some kids at 16 are men and women and some at 16 are still boys and girls and that is totally ok. We recognise those differences and scale load (weight), volume (repetitions) and intensity to help each child get what they need from the program.
- Can my child do a trial? Yes, we are holding 2 trial sessions on the 17th of January, 3:30pm-4:15pm (pre-teens) & 4:15pm – 5:15pm (teens) and again on Friday the 18th at 10:30am – 11:15am (pre-teens) & 11:15am-12:15pm (teens).
- Can I do make up sessions? No, pricing is calculated on a per term basis.
- Can my child start mid term? Possibly, depending on availability of spaces in the class.